There following are the alternatives getting help with issues or support requests:
- Using Help->Contact Support in the DbVisualizer application (Recommended)
- Using the web form at https://www.dbvis.com/company/contact/
- Using the forums and knowledge base at http://support.dbvis.com
Using Help-Contact Support
This is the recommend way to report an issue or support requests as it gathers information about your settings and connections that help us provide you with better analysis of any problems without having to get back to you and ask for additional information.
Please describe as detailed as possible the actions leading to the issue.
DbVisualizer sometimes detects errors that need the attention from the user. This can be done in two ways
- The pop up of an Error dialog
- The pop up of a "Red balloon" in the status bar of DbVisualizer
The Error Dialog
If you encounter an error that causes an error alert dialog to pop up, please click the Report Problem button to open the contact form with the details of the error filled in.
The Red Balloon - log errors
DbVisualizer constantly monitor the log entries it writes to it's log files. If log entries representing errors are detected, a "Red balloon" pops up in the DbVisualizer status bar as indicated below.
Clicking the red button will bring up the debug window.