- Launch the wizard from Database->Create Database Connection and click Use Wizard when prompted,
Enter a name for the connection on the first Wizard page and click Next,
Select an installed JDBC driver (marked with a green checkmark) on the second wizard page (see Installing a JDBC Driver for how to install a JDBC driver manually),
- Enter information about the database server and login credentials on the third wizard page (see below for details),.
- Verify that a network connection can be established to the specified address and port by clicking the Ping Server button,
- If Ping Server shows that the server can be reached, click the Finish button to create the connection.
- An Object View tab for the new connection is opened automatically. If the connection to the database can be established, the Connection Message area in the tab shows the database and driver versions, otherwise it shows a message about what is wrong.