Even though we make our very best to ensure the quality of DbVisualizer, you may run into problems of different kinds. The runtime environment for DbVisualizer is rather complicated when it comes to tracking the source of a problem, since it's not only DbVisualizer that may cause the problem but also the JDBC driver, or even the database engine.
There are a few things that you can try before reporting a problem, depending on the nature of the problem:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Java available for your platform (Java 8 or later),
- Make sure you are using a version of the JDBC driver that we've tested DbVisualizer with, or a later, production quality version,
- Read the DbVisualizer FAQ,
- Check the online Forums,
- Read the DbVisualizer Users Guide,
- ... the last resort is to post a question via the problem report form or send an email to email@example.com. (Note that we generally love detailed reports as well as screenshots when possible)